I generally don't "chat" but rather am just here all of the time (open in a tab) and swing in to check new posts or work on a lesson.

I suppose the chat function would be great for an in depth discussion with a single member... on a topic or ten. Maybe a moderated interview even...

But chat? I have three messengers running and a cell phone as well as a land line right beside me. Why would I want to chat MORE? :eek:

It tends to be busier at the times when our North American members tend to be online which is early morning UK time. The best thing to do is join the chat on your own rather than wait for someone else to start it. When the other members see someone in there they tend to join in too.

It's near the top of every page just below the new threads ticker and new lessons info bar. It's not enabled immediately for newer members so if you can't see it, that's the reason why.

The chat has dropped off lately. I'm not sure why that is... but Simon is right, if you feel like chatting, login... usually you don't have to wait long before someone joins you.

I've also put the chat link back in the menu bar... I forgot I hadn't done that when we changed over to the new forum... the only way to enter the chat otherwise was to click on the chat balloon icon near the "members currently using Flashchat" box up the top of the page... Maybe members haven't been able to find where to enter the chat the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, the link is back.

Cheers

Clancy

I basically used to "live in the chatroom" but untill I recieved a message from Clancy telling me not to "live" there.

Eviction notice?

I basically used to "live in the chatroom" but untill I recieved a message from Clancy telling me not to "live" there.

Nope I didn't tell you not to live in there Jessica. I asked you to logout when you're not there. One of the problems with this chat room is that when you just close the chat window it doesn't automatically log you out, it still shows you as being in the chat.

If you're around and into chatting, you can hang out there as much as you like, if your not around, the best thing to do is to just logout so that other members don't log in only to realize that you're not there.

Cheers

Clancy

One of the problems with this chat room is that when you just close the chat window it doesn't automatically log you out, it still shows you as being in the chat.

If you're around and into chatting, you can hang out there as much as you like, if your not around, the best thing to do is to just logout so that other members don't log in only to realize that you're not there.

Cheers

Clancy

and I thought she was just advoiding me,...... or was she? :(

I'd use the chat room much more if we could use audio somehow ... I speak much better than I type - I kinda get left behind when 3 or 4 of the guys are chatting.

I have also found myself trying to help with some guitar riffs using chat, when playing an example would have been a lot easier and better... Any chance of an audio upgrade to the chat room? :)

Audio in the chat room would be misleading... unless everyone had an equal connection to the internet. Not to mention everyone talking over each other when it was crowded.

Skype is nice if you have highspeed internet...

And we used to use something called Teamspeak which could be applied here... but it was awkward and unpleasant often. As well it was tricky to hook up, and not everyone made it "into" the chats.