solidwalnut

New lesson: Bluegrass Lick #1

Thanks for the lesson Steve! Now you're in my area of music....I love bluegrass and country. I saved this to my computer last night so I can work on it !:winkthumb::)

Thanks, Steve! I'm with Aunt Doty, country/bluegrass is right up my alley. :winkthumb: Would love to see more of that kind of stuff....I've been trying to learn country double stops & hybrid picking lately, so I'll be all over any of your country/bluegrass lessons! Again, your time & efforts are genuinely appreciated. :claping:

Thanks Aunt Doty, thanks Stratrat! Unfortunately, bluegrass and country aren't my forte, but I'll still put some stuff up....

Steve

Wow, nice, Roy Clark is the best (again, too much Hee Haw in my youth). Just for the newbie here, I presume the 7s notation means slide to 7 from the previous tone (8), correct? That's what it looks like you are doing, but I wanted to be sure. :)

Wow, nice, Roy Clark is the best (again, too much Hee Haw in my youth). Just for the newbie here, I presume the 7s notation means slide to 7 from the previous tone (8), correct? That's what it looks like you are doing, but I wanted to be sure. :)

Yes, that's it. A slide to the seventh fret on the G string from it's previous position (8th fret on the G string).

Thanks all for the kind words.

Steve