solidwalnut

New lesson: Bluegrass Lick #1

Thanks for the lesson Steve! Now you're in my area of music....I love bluegrass and country. I saved this to my computer last night so I can work on it !:winkthumb::)

Thanks, Steve! I'm with Aunt Doty, country/bluegrass is right up my alley. :winkthumb: Would love to see more of that kind of stuff....I've been trying to learn country double stops & hybrid picking lately, so I'll be all over any of your country/bluegrass lessons! Again, your time & efforts are genuinely appreciated. :claping:

Wow, nice, Roy Clark is the best (again, too much Hee Haw in my youth). Just for the newbie here, I presume the 7s notation means slide to 7 from the previous tone (8), correct? That's what it looks like you are doing, but I wanted to be sure. :)

Wow, nice, Roy Clark is the best (again, too much Hee Haw in my youth). Just for the newbie here, I presume the 7s notation means slide to 7 from the previous tone (8), correct? That's what it looks like you are doing, but I wanted to be sure. :)

Yes, that's it. A slide to the seventh fret on the G string from it's previous position (8th fret on the G string).

Thanks all for the kind words.

Steve