BarryH

Music editing software

BarryH    0

I have a couple of backing tracks that I would like to combine so I can play a medley of the tunes I like. Can anyone advise of what, if any software is available to help me do this?

I would also like to be able to slow music down and loop it to make it easier to learn what's being played, can this be done?

Regards....Barry

wjp01908    0

Audacity (Freeware - just google it) will be able to do this and more.

You`ll probably need to spend some time working it out but it is a very useful programme

Will

BarryH    0

Thanks Will, is there any tuition with it, or anything on here that will help?

Guitars I struggle with, computers and software are even worse.

Regards....Barry.

Stratrat    0

Barry - there's been quite a lot of discussion here about Audacity, it's one of the more popular programs. Try doing a search for "Audacity" and you should turn up some threads with helpful tips and hints. If not, post a question - there are several people here who use it and somebody will probably be able to help you out. :winkthumb:

Tekker    1
:brickwall: Don't you have to have seperate interface for Audacity. Now I'm talking like I know what I'm doing.lol

Nope, you don't have to have a separate interface. You can use the standard PC soundcard just fine with audacity.

Very few software programs actually require you to use a specific interface to use the software (Pro Tools being one of them).

-tkr

BarryH    0

This is getting complicated now, I downloaded Audacity, moved the track into that I want to modify into it and, guess what, the track is a WMA file and Audacity will not work with WMAs.

I dowloaded software that converts WMAs to MP3 files but whenever I try the software tells me the WMA track I have is protected. Its a track (Hello from Lionel Richie) I bought through the HMV Digital site in the UK.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards....Barry

fly135    5

You could play it and record in Audacity. Creative Sound Blaster cards have a "What U hear" input option that allows this. Otherwise you may have to get a jumper cable from your speaker out to your line in.