Clancy

Forum back up and the changes

All the changes and upgrades look excellent Clancy.

Thanks Neil and thanks everyone. So glad you like it. It's always a bit worrying changing the complete look of a site.

Cheers

Clancy

Looks great, runs great and loads much faster.

One question. The logo at the top of the page directs you to the Forum Home page. Is it supposed to or is it supposed to direct you to the GFB&B Home page?

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum -or http://www.guitarforbeginners.com

What I mean is that you can get to the forum from the home page but you can't get to the home page from the forum.

Michael

What happened to the new topic thing that used to be on top and the flash chat... what was wrong with them???

Clancy,

Came to the site tonight and I was totally blown away :claping: ... The site has a clean and very professional look to it. This is a fantastic upgrade. Very very good job.

What happened to the new topic thing that used to be on top and the flash chat... what was wrong with them???

Hey Hey, read my first post.

Clancy

One question. The logo at the top of the page directs you to the Forum Home page. Is it supposed to or is it supposed to direct you to the GFB&B Home page?

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum -or http://www.guitarforbeginners.com

What I mean is that you can get to the forum from the home page but you can't get to the home page from the forum.

Michael

The logo always took you to the forum home page Mike, that hasn't changed... once members are here on the forum, we like to trap 'em here. :)

Clancy,

Came to the site tonight and I was totally blown away :claping: ... The site has a clean and very professional look to it. This is a fantastic upgrade. Very very good job.

Thanks Bluesguy. Glad you like it.

Cheers

Clancy

The logo always took you to the forum home page Mike, that hasn't changed... once members are here on the forum, we like to trap 'em here. :)

Can't think of a better place to be trapped. Great job

Michael

I thought there was something different, but couldn't quite put my finger on it..... Now I know. lol :D

Great job Clancy. The forum looks awesome! :winkthumb:

-tkr

Nope namiguShin they're not the same. One has the strings moving, the other doesn't. Maybe you have animated gifs disabled in your browser.

Clancy

Hey, could be... I'll check it... I use firefox... But I don't think it's a Firefox setting... Smilies were also moving and all of the sudden they stopped... Now they're frozen in one position... I don't know "who" is bugging them, the firefox itself or some addon (I have tons of them installed)... If anybody has an idea, please help...

All best

I disabled(uninstalled) Adblock Plus add on in Firefox,

rebooted and that worked only last week. :winkthumb:

Huh... That's a big price to pay... Adblock means a lot... If adblock is bugging me I think I'll just have to live with it...

Haven't seen it before, I like the "view post" link in quotation window... So cool, Clancy... ;)

Huh... That's a big price to pay... Adblock means a lot... If adblock is bugging me I think I'll just have to live with it...

Haven't seen it before, I like the "view post" link in quotation window... So cool, Clancy... ;)

It seems that Adblock does block animated gifs... although I just installed it and it doesn't seem to be blocking them for me. I don't have Adblock Plus however. There should be a setting that allows you to whitelist a site. Just whitelist this site and you should see the animated gifs... or just do without them. Blocking animated gifs seems a bit of an overkill to me anyway.

Clancy

It seems that Adblock does block animated gifs... although I just installed it and it doesn't seem to be blocking them for me. I don't have Adblock Plus however. There should be a setting that allows you to whitelist a site. Just whitelist this site and you should see the animated gifs... or just do without them. Blocking animated gifs seems a bit of an overkill to me anyway.

Clancy

I have Adblock Plus and I don't think it has whitelists. And even if it has, this site would be whitelisted a long time ago... :)

I have paid close attention now, animated gifs ARE active, i.e. they are moving and stuff... But they do it just for one cycle... They are not repeating themselves... So now, if anybody knows how to enable them to go on and on from the beginning, that would be great... :D

Anyway, thanks for care. :)

I have Adblock Plus and I don't think it has whitelists. And even if it has, this site would be whitelisted a long time ago... :)

I have paid close attention now, animated gifs ARE active, i.e. they are moving and stuff... But they do it just for one cycle... They are not repeating themselves... So now, if anybody knows how to enable them to go on and on from the beginning, that would be great... :D

Anyway, thanks for care. :)

Ok, I just installed the newer Firefox and installed Adblock Plus... funny thing is I still see all the animated gifs. The way to turn Adblock Plus off for this site only is to go to the ABP icon in Firefox's toolbar and click on the small downward facing arrow next to it and select "Disable on www.guitarforbeginners.com" - if you are still having problems with the gifs, javascript etc after refreshing the page, then it must be another extension that is causing the problem.

Clancy

Wasn't there a "Build your own smilie" function in here before?
There was redkirk, I didn't think anyone used that after the first week it was installed. It probably could be re-enabled it if you liked using it.Clancy

I've only used it once, so it's not a biggie. I saw it and then I didn't. It's like when your wife changes her hair --you know something's different, but you can't put your finger on it.:blink:

Clancy - the only thing I've noticed lately is that the "Donating Member" icon appears broken. It was that way for a while on the "old" board too - it just shows up as a broken link (x'ed out box) on my browser (IE). Don't know if it's on my end or yours, just thought I'd mention it.

Clancy - the only thing I've noticed lately is that the "Donating Member" icon appears broken. It was that way for a while on the "old" board too - it just shows up as a broken link (x'ed out box) on my browser (IE). Don't know if it's on my end or yours, just thought I'd mention it.

How very odd. Can you see an image when you click on this link Strat? http://guitarforbeginners.com/forum/images/donate2.gif

Clancy

How very odd. Can you see an image when you click on this link Strat? http://guitarforbeginners.com/forum/images/donate2.gif

Clancy

Yep - I can see that image fine, whether I right- or left-click on it. Two gold stars, clear as day. But on the board itself, the image never loads - always shows a "place holder". I'm using IE 7.0 with no aftermarket pop-up blockers or similar software, and everything else on the site works fine - that .gif is the only one that consistently doesn't load. It shows the little white square with a red 'X' through it, and lower-case blue text that says "contributing member" next to it.