Clancy

Forum back up and the changes

Well all went fairly smoothly with the forum upgrade.

There are a few things left to reinstall which I'll get done over the next couple of days - the spell function, the latest threads scroller will be put back on... the "who's in chat" up the top and the smilie link in underneath the quick reply field.

If there's anything else that you liked that is no longer on the new forum, just mention in this thread and I'll see what I can to either replace it or offer an alternative.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Clancy

I left the spell feature off on purpose so we could all see for a couple of days who can and can't spell. :)

Just a note, you may want to mark all forums read. The upgrade will show all forums as unread.

To do that just click on the link just below where you see your Welcome Back message up the top left hand corner of the page.

Clancy

as for that speeling funktion cant wate for it rite up my allie :)

:lol: :lol:

Congrats Clancy it's looking great. Bet you had to burn a lot of midnight oil. Job well done.

Geoff :)

:lol: :lol:

Congrats Clancy it's looking great. Bet you had to burn a lot of midnight oil. Job well done.

Geoff :)

Yes I did Geoff :) as you well know.

Just logged back on Clancy and have to say from first look the forum looks great but one thing I have noticed is that the link that was at the top of the page for posts since your last visit doesn't seem to be there although I may not be looking in the right place.

Well done otherwise Clancy :claping::claping::claping::claping::claping:

Ah yes, you are right Mick, I'll put that on my list as well. For now, just use the new posts link.

Clancy

Clancy,

Just logged back in and the forum looks great. I know from experience here at work how much time and effort goes into an upgrade, so a great big thanks...job well done as usual.

Hey... Looks cool... :)

Edit:

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the icons for "Forum Contains New Posts" and "Forum Contains No New Posts" on the home page are the same... Sorry if I'm wrong... :)

Great new look!

and a poem for all of the mis-spellers amongst us...

Firefox 2

Spell checks for you

Surf's just great

you don't look Illiter8

:yeahhh:

Looks nice Clancy :)

What Forum Program are you using , if you dont mind me asking ?

I have designed themes for Ubb.threads program and know how time consuming forums can be .

Thanks for all your time :)

Hey... Looks cool... :)

Edit:

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the icons for "Forum Contains New Posts" and "Forum Contains No New Posts" on the home page are the same... Sorry if I'm wrong... :)

Nope namiguShin they're not the same. One has the strings moving, the other doesn't. Maybe you have animated gifs disabled in your browser.

Maybe its my imagination but it seems faster.

I thought it seemed slower at first so I disabled the flash headers and also turned off some features (similar threads and a few other things) that may be why it seems a bit faster Matt. Fast is good though!

Wasn't there a "Build your own smilie" function in here before?

There was redkirk, I didn't think anyone used that after the first week it was installed. It probably could be re-enabled it if you liked using it.

Looks nice Clancy :)

What Forum Program are you using , if you dont mind me asking ?

I have designed themes for Ubb.threads program and know how time consuming forums can be .

Not at all SprayTech. The forum software we use is vBulletin. The software is great and I'd highly recommend it... unfortunately, once you add hacks and plugins and template changes and do your own custom theme, any upgrade is extremely time consuming (as you know)... but unless you have your own look, you wind up looking like all the other forums out there, so it's worth it (I think).

The only thing I don't like about vBulletin is they don't have a built in spell checker. That is a add-on and one that needs reinstalling every time we do any kind of upgrade.

Clancy