TwistedLefty

Can you tell the Diff?

Can you tell the Diff?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Can you tell the Diff?

• 128 is fine for me
    • 192 works
    • 320 or nothing (i'm just funny that way)
    • what's a kilobit ?

great point X4stringdrive,

i believe the card/player factor will have a significant affect on the quality of sound heard.

i'm just about thru setting up my Homestudio and i'm going to compare 128 vs 128 thru my m-audio 2496 and then my creative audigy.

also i'm a little wary of WMP. Winamp (pre AOL) has tons of plugins as do several of the other players out there. i'd be surprised if there wasn't a noticeable difference.

eCowboy    0

I'm 53 and couldn't even get the tracks to play but I doubt that I could have heard a difference. A sound system is only as good as its weakest link and my Dell speakers just don't have that kind of sound quality.

Stratrat    0

When I was using 128 and 256 MB mp3 players, I would often downsample my music to 96 kbps just so I could fit more songs on the player (keeping them in a separate folder from the originals, of course!). I did notice a difference in quality at that bitrate, but it wasn't enough to be objectionable through headphones at low/moderate volume. I gladly accepted it for the tradeoff of being able to fit more music on my mp3 players.

krissovo    0

35 and I cannot tell any difference at all, tried this through a pair of €50 and €200 headphones and still nothing.

Tried this through a mac book pro and a very high end PC system and no difference at all.