mattz196

What's Rangoon to You is Grafton to Me

mattz196    15

What's Rangoon to You is Grafton to Me is an iconic piece of Australian radio ,not easy to describe but on the download page they describe it like this

"a psychedelic road journey from Brisbane to Sydney written by Russell Guy and featuring the voices of James Dibble and Russell Guy. The story is a quintessentially Australian gonzo rant, tracing the narrator's twisted journey down the East coast of Australia."

Yeah it sounds a bit weird and its about a 40 meg download but I promise you that you won't regret it :yes:

Probably of most interest to the Aussies but sure any one would like it (well maybe not everyone)

Download it here http://www.rumble.net/psychedelicatessen/

Love to hear what people think of it , we used to give it a thrashing back in the 70's

and after hearing again after a break of 20 + years it is still amazing .

Enjoy the ride

There are a lot of answers to question.

Matt

p.s Posted in the Music Lounge because as you will here there is a lot of cool music used , trust this is OK.

• Like 1

mattz196    15

Given the huge number of replies to this post , I've got to presume that nobody could be bothered to download and take a listen thinking what is this Wally on about.

So after another few years between listens, I have to say it's still amazing.

So come on humor me please ,take a listen and tell me what you think.I promise you'll love it. :winkthumb:

Matt

starsailor    20

The link worked ok over here too, downloading the audio now, gonna take a while as it's quite big and my download speed sucks at the moment but it seems like something I'd be into Matt, thanks for posting. :winkthumb:

allthumbs    8

A compliment. I love that kind of Dialogue. "The night was waiting to devour her like a grizzly just waking up from hibernation. I tossed my smoke into the gutter and started down the alley. I thumbed off the safety on my Colt. Luckily I came loaded for bear. " lol

knight46    2

Very Pythonesk, AT is right dialogue is right out of delicious film noir movies. Very interesting...I am listing for the second time and I will catch things that got past me the first time.

starsailor    20

Enjoyed this Matt, very trippy, sort of Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy meets Monty Python and bumps into Spike Milligan and The Mighty Boosh on the way, checked out some of the places too, Grafton, Newcastle etc. Grafton was founded by the Cedar Getters led by an escaped convict called Richard Craig who got a pardon as he discovered Grafton, the local tribes the Bundjalung and Gumbainggir Nations knew it was there of course but Craig opened it up to white settlers, I feel educated, aah Wiki :)

Edited by starsailor

Phil Smith    0

Hi all, finally a use for dinosaurs ! I was in country nsw in those years and an avid JJJ follower.A frequent driver from Sydney to Tweed Heads/ Coolangatta. Grafton to Rangoon refers to a party where the main player has taken a trip *- tab/ lsd. The driver is in a ute shell parked up on blocks in the back yard. It has no windshield , hence objects coming thru windows and old mates appearing for a chat. The guy did the entire journey and did'nt leave the backyard.Cost of a tab in 1979 ? $4. 12 hours of joy ? , 24 hrs of "coming down" sheeeeeeeeeeet. Left that alone soon enough.

* black dots , purple pyramids, green beavers, grey Phantoms...............these were the little pictures on the 4mm x 4mm bit of cardboard you ate that was infused with , maybe Ratsak who knows.