rapter

Tascam DP-01FX question.

I have a Tascam DP-01FX mixer, and I want to hook up the effects that are built in it to a Johnson 30 watt spring reverb amp. However, the instruction booklet that came with the mixer, said not to hook the DP-01 (a different model), to an amp, but does not say anything about the specific DP-01FX model that I have and not to hook it up. The instruction booklet contains info. about both models. Does anybody own a DP-01FX mixer, please tell me how you like yours or if you are having any problems with reading the instruction manual, or anything about it. Thank you

Thanks for the information, and I do have the manual that came with it, unfortunately, it does not specifically state that the fx model can be hooked up to an amp., however I do appreciate your input, have a good day.

I'm not certain, but it sounds to me like it would be more up to what the amp can do. In other words, can you isolate the reverb of the amp. I take it you want to use the reverb of the amp as a effects send/receive into the TASCAM, so you can apply it to each channel in separate amounts.

Or...do you want to simply record the guitar through the amp so it'll have reverb, and then record that?

Are you sure that the manual says that you can't hook it up to an amp? Or is this what you read....

"NEVER plug the speaker outputs of a guitar amplifier into the DP-01."

I don't see why you can't hook up the line out to a guitar amp. Just start with the input gain and volume turned all the way down because line outputs are a higher voltage than a guitar. Then turn up the volume and gain until you get sound.

Hi Rapter

I have a DP01 FX as well. You can run a amp through but at fly says just watch the volumes. I also run my Digitech RP250 effects processor through it as well

Maybe I should clarify my post. I was saying you can run the Tascam to/thru an amp. I was not saying that you can run an amp to/thru the Tascam.

As andmoreagain says you have to watch the volume if you try that, or you may blow the mixer. If you are careful and cognoscent of what you're doing, then you could pull it off. If your amp has a line out then you could run it to the mixer. Rapter was pretty clear that he wanted to run the Tascam into the Johnson amp. That should be fine.

I did accidentally run my 5 watt Epi Valve Jr head speaker out into my Behringer mixer once when I was making a homemade direct in box. I even cranked the amp a bit. But it didn't hurt the mixer. I was quite surprised that I didn't blow it.

Thanks for reply, I wanted to amplify the effects from the mixer instead of hearing them through the headphones.

I am sorry for not clarifying, the manual reads: "Never plug the speaker outputs of a guitar amplifier into the DP-01".

I apprieciate your response, I have RP50 effects processor and have not tried to hook it up to the mixer.

You can hook the RP50 to the mixer and you can hook the mixer to your amp. No worries it will work fine.