Well, just got rid of my bass and the ol fender Squire, figured it's about time to get serious with some studying, and the bass was always yaking at me about not enough play-time, and I was never satisfied with the squire, anyways...blah blah blah

Here's my new inspirement. Samick Avanti {AV6 Ltd} Carved/Arched Spalted maple top, mahogany body,rosewood fretboard,grover tuners,and duncan pups.

[ATTACH]4216[/ATTACH]

also have a question for you Guru's, I use a floor stand at length sometimes. is there a proper height for the upper support or does it really not matter? I've inclosed a shot of where its positioned at now. Thanks for viewing.

[ATTACH]4217[/ATTACH]

Vic Lewis    0

You got rid of the bass? YOU GOT RID OF THE BASS? Gonna have to change your name then......

Seriously, the Samick looks a nice guitar - weird kind of cross between a Tele and an LP - I don't know much about them (Samick, that is) but if it sounds as good as it looks you're on a winner......

As for the floor stand, can't help you there - never used a stand in my life. I know, I should, especially since between me and the Mrs we have 16 (soon to become 17) grandkids running around - but hey, I've got the only key to the computer/guitar room....

:D :D :D

Vic

Hilch    0

mmmm a key and a lock ....Might have to that myself ...

Nice looking guitar Kenny , I know nothing about stands I don't use them , my guitars during the day lay on my bed then when I sleep the rest against the wall inside my thingy where all the clothes hang , { what ever different coutries call them walk in robe to me }

Thanks for shareing

Trev..

Thanks guys, should've put in there that its a Greg Bennett Design.

Thanks Clancy for The "X".

Sorry Vic, I know that hurts{losing the bass}, but I already have enough voices in my head, no need to keep arguing with it too.

Trev - you hang? your clothes in a special room? Mine just lie on the floor, keeps the feet warm you know.

eddiez - I'm a "semi" ex woodworker and the picture does no justice. Its beautiful, now I have to learn to play it beautifully,

Thanks everyone, it has inspired me to keep practicing longer, I had a lot of problems keeping the squire to stay in tune for any usable amount of time. No problems now, fixed bridge and no whammy bar. Now back to figuring out some new chords....Thanks again....Kenny

mjwjr    0

Looks nice! What are you playing it through ?

I like the wall hangers myself. You hang about eye high and change the strings one time an your in luv.:wub:

Thanks mjwjr, really happy with it so far. I'm playing into a behringer {Virtualizer pro} FX processor out to a Yamaha EMX660 pa/mixer from there out to my Event B.A.S. 20/20 monitors, with everything thru my old desktop using a Creative {external} soundcard and learning/using Adobe Audition. Also have an Alesis SR-16 drum machine and a Yamaha EZ-30 keyboard tied into this mess. I was born in a little....oops.... sorry :)

300 watts or 600 if I bridge it {dual amps/pa} I've got a 4/10 "yorkie" cabinet when need be :)

also 2 yamaha 12" {250watts}pa speakers

By the way...what kinda rig you using? pushing any walls out? :)

BackToBlack    0

I have an electric and a bass also. I almost ditched the bass, but I couldn't do it. Too many great basslines out there! But you are right-its tuff not to neglect one of them.

Lcjones    8

Nice looking ax, X! ;)

I've got a number of floor stands. I prefer to have the stand hold the neck 4-5 inches above the heel of the neck on both acoustics and electrics. I doubt that it really matters unless you're in a high humidity zone and your ax sits in the cradle a long time. I'd rather not have the grip any where above the half-way mark to the headstock. I'm sure that's just personal preference though. ;)

LC