feeman_4_life

What type of Guitar do you play the most?

What type of Guitar do you play the most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of Guitar do you play the most?

• Classical
    • Acoustic
    • Electric
    • Acoustic/Electric

pmr21uk    0

I have both as I get most of my practice time in the evenings I play the electric unplugged about 90% of the time, but I love the sound of the acoustic.

Ledhead V-2    0
:)

Plus the dreadnaught is just too freakin' big anymore. I don't know how I ever did get my arm around that thing when I was playin' and singin' my favorite Jim Croce tunes.

Never really thought of that -- and I plan on buying an acoustic sometime down the road to use as a travel guitar. Must be pretty awkward when you're used to an electric's slimmer build. Plus, the actions on acoustics are set higher (correct?), which would make me think those of us who are used to playing electrics exclusively would find that somewhat of an impediment also...I would think. :unsure:

Led :clover:

seagull    0

Hey Canuck-Playa, I did'nt notice your question when you posted it, sorry. Anyways, I have the seagull s-6+cedar, and the segull folk+cedar. The s-6 I paid $350, but the folk cost me $400, because it was a year later and the seagulls are getting popular because of internet reviews. I think they are both great, I prefer the size of the folk guitar, but the s-6 has a little more volume. If you buy one, try out as many as you can, because they all sound different. Mine has a real mellow sound for a steel string, not real bright.

:thumbup1: I play my Almansa 457 classical about seventy percent of the time. For a factory produced guitar it has a sweet voice. I also really like my Simon & Patrick Pro Folk. Same size as my classical. Wish I could find a steel string with a neck around 2 inches like my classical. Would probably have to go to a luthier for that. BIG BUCKS!! DonC

Bamajoe    0

I have two acoustics in the family, my son has Norman 6 string B20. It has a maple top and much brighter tone. I have a Tacoma DR20, I'm more partial to country and southern gospel music. This kind of music is just right for the Tacoma. My son, the rocker, loves the AC/DC type of music and owns an electric Ibanez RG70. It sounds good and is easier to play.

Hilch    0

I have 2 guitars

one acustic ( which I play every day )

one electric ( which I play every other day )- means every second day

Acustic is Magnum -( just a cheapie till I can actually play )

Electric is Ashton -( just a cheapie till I can actually play )

Oh and both are Blue

8LU3    0

i have an orange ibanez rg 1200, yeah i know, its not the greatest but its my baby. i got it for christmas this year and barely put it down but for school. i used to play a squire and i have a mitchell acoustic.

Hello Gravitas, which Yamaha model# do you have?

I have a Classic Yamaha with the most beautiful sound in the world. I don't think this is an understatement. The wood has aged for 42 years since january of this year. Got it from me ma for my thirteenth birthday; it was hers, now it's mine. She says her fingernails are too long to fit on the fretboard, though that's no excuse not to be playing an instrument like this one :)

Kasper    0
As I only own an Acoustic guitar, that will have to be the one I use the most :
Damn, I was going to give the same smart-ass answer. Looks like I'm too late. :mad:

jkage    0

I Have A Washburn Acoustic Right Now, But I Am Waiting For My New Dean. I Orderd A Dean Ml Called The Dixie Rebel It's A Beast!!!!

1191.attach

Tourmentor    0

I'm currently playing an electric guitar. It's a strat copy and i've grown to hate the strats - the volume knob is always getting in the way and sometimes so is the pickup selection switch. Since I've established what I want to play in the future I'm seriously taking into consideration making a custom semi-hollow electric guitar probably tele-shaped, les paul-shaped or sg-shaped.