feeman_4_life

What type of Guitar do you play the most?

What type of Guitar do you play the most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of Guitar do you play the most?

• Classical
    • Acoustic
    • Electric
    • Acoustic/Electric

Andy S    9

Since I play electric for the worship team , I practice on that most of the time.

That usually takes place in the family room. Unplugged to keep from distracting anyone from watching the boob tube (TV) :blink:

Recently, I've been working on some Brian Setzer stuff, so, of course, I use the Ibanez AG85 electric hollowbody. That takes place in the front living room. I plug into a TEAC CD Guitar trainer & use headphones... :walkman: to keep from annoying the family

The other times I sit around practicing on the Strat or the Dean EVO. That happens in the family room. (Unplugged, again)

When I'm down in my office, on slow days & all the paperwork is done, I pull out the Ovation acoustic/electric and practice on that.

Drives the wife a bit batty with a guitar in almost every room!!! :laugh:

coldethyl    0

For this poll I put down Electric as the one I play the most but actually I probably play both my acoustic electric and my electric about the same. Each day I usually get both out to play at separate times.

Probably late at night I'll get my acoustic electric out to play but during the day I'll be there with my electric guitar playing.

Seagull steel string and a Raimundo classical, love them both.

Hey you have a seagull guitar. What kind is it? and how much did it cost? do you like that guitar?

I am looking for a guitarand seagull was one of the guitars i spotted on the web, but they didnt have any prive tags on them.

gravitas    0

I have a Classic Yamaha with the most beautiful sound in the world. I don't think this is an understatement. The wood has aged for 42 years since january of this year. Got it from me ma for my thirteenth birthday; it was hers, now it's mine. She says her fingernails are too long to fit on the fretboard, though that's no excuse not to be playing an instrument like this one :)

Lcjones    8

I've got the Rickenbacker 360/12, which is the holy grail of jangle, but the vast majority of play time is on my acoustic '74 Guild 25/6. And when I find the sister to my D25/6, the D25/12, I'll be in guitar heaven.

Here's a bit of the D25/6 in action. Ignore the the absolutely bored audience! Christmas songs are not my forte.... but it's capo'd up !!!! :)......

http://www.croakingfrogfarm.com/farmfotos/albums/album23/Picture_175_640x480.jpg

Les

joehere1    0

ive only been at it for a few months so i really cant say whats great and what isnt, for me anyways

i have an epiphone dr100 and a jay turser trd-ce4 and they both sound great to me .

if i tuff it out then il buy something nicer but they work great for a beginer

joe

Ledhead V-2    0

I'm a beginner (been "playing" about 3 mos.) and on an experienced guitarist/friend's advice, I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. and a Marshall MG15-CD amp for about $220 online. Supposed to be a great starter guitar and amp. I want to learn classic rock and blues-rock and eventually plan to buy a Fender Fat Strat. I told myself that if I stuck with it and showed marked improvement after a year's time, I'd treat myself to it. :santa:

Donovan    0

Well it used to be like 80% Electric, so I voted for that one, but I definitely shifted ALOT towards the acoustic and classical lately. It must be about evenly divided right now :)

munky    0

I play my electrics about 99% of the time. If I want an accoustic sound I just use the accoustic preset in my Gearbox software, it's close enough for me.

Ricky    0

I only own an acoustic at present. My first guitar was a black Mexican Fender Strat which I sold for a Les Paul Goldtop which I also sold so I could afford a girlfriends Christmas present. We broke up about a year later. Man, I miss that guitar!

stubbie7    1

I probably play my electric 65% of the time. Acoustic/electric 25%. The rest I spend on my resonator. Plus, I only plug the acoustic/electric in maybe half the time.

:) I play electric almost exclusively. I prefer my PRS SE Soapbar II over my MIM Telecaster, with my Oscar Schmidt OE30 (Chinese ES 335 copy) a distant third.

What I love about electric guitar is the versatility. I usually plug my PRS through a Boss Delay, Boss Blues Driver and into my Fender Blues Jr. This allows me the flexibility to breeze through my own favorite songs of varied styles, ranging from slapback Rockabilly to British Blues to Classic Rock. I'm not a "tone freak" by any stretch, but I like going from Carl Perkin's "Matchbox" and Setzer's "Stray Cat Strut" to Dylan's "Rolling Stone" and Springsteen's "Spirit in the Night" to Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe" or the Bluesbreaker's "All Your Love" with only the flick of a switch, a couple of stomps and the quick spin of a dial or two.

Plus the dreadnaught is just too freakin' big anymore. I don't know how I ever did get my arm around that thing when I was playin' and singin' my favorite Jim Croce tunes.