joemerc

thank you kirk&clancy

joemerc    0

i would like to take this opportunity to thank kirk&clancy for this site and for all the work that they have put into it:clap: :clap: :clap: and also to all the moderators who always seem to be there to welcome all the newcomers and offer there advice freely it does mean a lot to us newcomers:yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh: now i come to the bit and it is how are moderators elected as there is one member who is always offering advice like tips and help to us newbies and it is greatly appreciated,he seems to have a wealth of knowledge ((well i think so))so all you fellow twangers how about voting chris c for a moderators post.just a thought anyway:clap: :clap::yeahhh:

allthumbs    8

I will pass your suggestion on to Clancy. There is another side to moderating though. Policing the forums, making sure the forum rules are being followed and dealing with those members that have problems following them. It can be very time consuming. Maybe chris c should be consulted before attempting to throw him into the deep end of the pool.

I agree he would be a good choice for a mod if he was willing and an opening came up.

joemerc...I'm standing in ovation right along with you..Thank-you Kirk & Clancy

No offence chris c, but I hope no openings come up, unless due to expansion, sure would hate to lose any that we have...Thank-you to you guys as well.

But when/if needed - chris c gets my vote as well

Clancy    36

Glad you're enjoying the forum Joe. I agree Chris C is a real treasure... he's a wealth of information and always seems very willing to put a LOT of time into answering questions. Thanks Chris! As you can see, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I'm constantly amazed how many of our members here are so willing to take so much time to help and encourage others who are just starting out. It really does warm the heart, so along with Chris, I'd like to thank all the other members who contribute and who have been contributing since the very beginning.... and to our lesson contributors in particular, Fretsource, Tekker, Solidwalnut and Neilsonite. Thanks guys!

Right now, we're doing pretty well on the moderator front... we always have had about five members in mind at anyone one stage that we think (if they were willing) would make great moderators, but we wouldn't want to put anyone on the spot publicly as being a moderator is a commitment (as allthumbs mentioned) and takes up a lot of time and some of it isn't all that pleasant. Offering guitar advice is a lot more satisfying for some than having to pull people up for not following rules. It's a whole different thing. Having said all that, I don't think anyone would argue that Chris would make a great moderator on any forum he participated in.

Cheers

Clancy

Chris C    0

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words, but I'd actually not make a very good moderator and I never seek the position. For exactly the reasons that Clancy mentioned:

being a moderator is a commitment (as allthumbs mentioned) and takes up a lot of time and some of it isn't all that pleasant. Offering guitar advice is a lot more satisfying for some than having to pull people up for not following rules. It's a whole different thing.

I'm not even that qualified to give good advice. I simply enjoy a good social waffle now and then, and am grateful for the opportunity to do it here. I also don't really have the time or commitment to do justice to the actual job of moderating. For instance, I never read all the threads on forums. It's taken me 3 days to look at this one, and it was only by sheer chance that I opened it at all. And I often disappear from forums for weeks or months on end, depending on what else is going on in the rest of my life (amazingly enough I do have one... :P )

I think that the moderators need a great deal of dedication to the cause and I join in applauding the excellent job that Clancy, Kirk and the team here already do. :claping::claping:

I've still only read a very small fraction of the excellent lessons from Kirk, Fretsource, Tekker, Solidwalnut and Neilsonite but have been very impressed by the quality and the range of the information. Great work all round. :)

Cheers,

Chris

PS I only have one log on name here - I'm not also registered as Joemerc... :laughingg: