Yes, I have thought about it. I wasn't sure if it would be used, but if there is a call for it, I can definately set one up.

Clancy

Use caution with a live chat forum set up. They have been known to be buggy. I have been on several forums where they would crash the forum and would take weeks of trouble shooting to get them up and running without problems. In my experience, a very small number of a forums members actualy use them. They start of strong,but once the novelty wears off, they're pretty empty.

I agree with allthumbs, also the site would probably have to be moderated more strictly, In some of the previous forums I've been on fights also spark from them, if they are used that is, I'm sure I would use it, but you know best Clancy. ;)

I thought about it two.:D But than I think if I wanted to chat I would go on AOL chat rooms and deal with all that bull. Yahoo is about the same. But one thing surprizes me about this whole forum is where are all the trouble makers, there's no problem on this site with say what almost 5,000 people. On the drag racing forum I use to go to for Tulsa, I'd say there was only like 1,000 people on it or alittle more. And that place was out of control and still is out of control and probably those people that are causing the problems will destroy the guys business for him. Where I said alright after maybe less than year getting on it. I said okay thats enough and I don't go to it anymore . Maybe to look at classifieds but thats about it. The owner is in over his head and what I hear he's going to loose it all. Plus I don't do my drag racing at the track's anyways.I've always done my stuff on the streets. Don't need no drag strip.

Who you talking to Crystal

Alfcarguy,

Just saw your post. Crystal was banned for spamming the board and I deleted most of her posts. I did however leave her first post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum, with her email address intact. I thought if anybody did want to contact her, they should be able to email her personally. We just didn't want her using this board for spam.

-------------------------

As for the chat forum, allthumbs, I am aware of the server load problems chat rooms can cause, but I think we might be ok on our server here (I could be wrong though).

On most forums that I frequent (where chat rooms are available) they aren't used all that much either but I guess we could try it out and see how it goes. It might be wise to make it only available to full members (over 30 posts) - to prevent newbies from spamming the chat room... ah... what a shame we even have to think that way, but as the forum grows I guess it will be inevitable that we will have some problems.

I think I'll make a poll to see who would be interested in having a chat room integrated here on the forum to see if there is enough interest to set one up and give it a try at least for a while.

Clancy