justinthyme

Band in a Box 2006

Bought this program yesterday, along with a 23 PAK of add-ons. Spent a few hours looking at it last night, and it looks like it could be one of those 'spend half your life learning how to use it to the max' programs. I'm keen to get cracking! :)

Just wondered if anyone here has any experience with it, any comments to make about it/tips to give, or excellent tutorial urls to share? Has anyone produced anything with it they can post?

There are a ton of forums out there for BIAB. You should be able to get all the help you need with it. I got projammer5. I have kinda let it slide. The learning curve is brutal and there is only 1 yahoo group for support. Good luck.

The learning curve is brutal

I was hoping you wouldn't say that ;)

I made the choice to get BB rather than Jammer because I thought it was probably better known and there'd be more support/information/compatibility. Hope I did the right thing - Jammer seemed 'friendlier'.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that ;)

I made the choice to get BB rather than Jammer because I thought it was probably better known and there'd be more support/information/compatibility. Hope I did the right thing - Jammer seemed 'friendlier'.

I wish I had gone with BIAB. So much support for it out there. Projammer is a lot slicker,but doesn't do me much good if I can't get through the manual.

I used BIAB for more years than I'd like to admit, like since version 1. I still use it as a learning tool, to jam along with, but also to help generate basic drums for my original recordings. I tend to edit the drums quite a bit, but what BIAB puts out is a very good place to start.

Hey mate, you wrote the original post here almost 3 weeks ago. I'd be totally interested to hear what sort of progress you've made with BIAB thus far, what sort of effort you've put in and especially, whether or not you reckon it was a worthwhile purchase? Hope you have time to reply !! :thumbup1:

Hi there DE. Not made a lot of progress with this software. I figured out how to use it at a basic level, but I can see that there would be a fair old learning curve to use it to its full potential. I tried the demo version of Jammer and that was dead easy to use for basic needs, like mine - ie making fairly straightforward backing tracks. If I was to choose again, I'd go for Jammer. But - the older I get, the less inclined I am to spend hours on working out how software works - so that has a bearing on my point of view. Hope that helps.

nowhere-man, many thanks for that! You enjoy photography yourself?

Pleasure is all mine. I haven't got any photgraphic skills myself, but it doesn't stop me appreciating the work of people that have, especially at your high standard.

I can't make constructive comments, but I know what I like. :)

the older I get, the less inclined I am to spend hours on working out how software works

Ditto mate! I'm looking into both packages but I certainly don't have time to study the software. I use GP 5 for my tab and find that hard enough to work out. :thumbup1:

Sorry to lose the thread here for a moment JustinThyme, but I just visited your website and wanted to say you've got some wonderful images there.:yinyang:

Nowhere-Man, this may go down as one of the longest times taken to acknowledge/respond to a post, but I've been 'sans internet' for a few weeks and only just seen it. Thanks for the kind words! You also posted a pic ('the last pic I ever took') elsewhere, but its no longer there - would you care to re-post now I'm back with the program?

Cheers!

You also posted a pic ('the last pic I ever took') elsewhere, but its no longer there - would you care to re-post now I'm back with the program?

Cheers!

Is this the one?

I think you will realise that it's not one of my own.

Geoff

1073.attach

Man, where was the guy sitting who took that? And is he ok?

I guess he was sitting in the doorway to oblivion!! I can only guess at what happened to him, I've heard a few rumours, but most of them were bull....:)

Geoff, must be my setup - still no pic. Nemmind.

I've found that most members that have had a problem seeing the thumbnails on this site have some sort of ad-blocking software on their computer.

It might be worth just having a look through your settings justinthyme.

Cheers

Clancy