JessThrasher    10

What case you using?

I personally like my hardshell case because it's been abused quite abit and still in one piece. The only disadvantage i notice is that it's quite heavy and awekward to carry. But overall, it's a great case.

I prefer gigbags, due to the weight and that they are so much easier to carry than a cumbersome hardcase.

If I ever buy a hardcase, I'll buy a Jackson case, because my guitars are jacksons, or a CNB case, due to the unusually low weight of these compared to others.

If I have $100 to spare, I'll buy a hardcase. But since I don't, it's not worth it.

JessThrasher    10

I've just got a normal rectangle case that I've scribbled on. It's abit heavy, but it's been abused quite abit and still in 1 piece. Few dents and scratches here and there, one latch nearly wrecked..but still fine.

Stratrat    0

Gig bag for now, but I don't travel with my guitars that much. Just took my favorite Tele on a 3-day, 600-mile car trip this weekend in a gig bag, no problems. If I were seriously gigging and/or travelling by air, I'd definitely invest in top-notch LOCKING hardshell cases for my axes.

Mike8307    0

I don't travel with my guitars much but I do have a hard case, a heavily padded case, and a lightweight gig bag. Three bags for three different guitars. The hard case is an SKB that I have for my LP. Its an Epiphone costing $700 at the time, the $80 on the case is like an insurance policy. I wouldn't buy an $80 case for a $180 guitar. (US dollars)

Just like auto insurance. You'll take care of your guitar but you can't predict what is going to happen out there in the real world with people much more careless than you are.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Andy S    9

A few years ago I came across a guy at LAX airport ( Los Angeles) with a nicely padded gig bag. He looked familiar but ,like an idiot, when talking to him I failed to ask his name.

Anyway, this guy flies all over the place gigging. He takes......a beautiful, clean, near mint '57 Les Paul with him!!!!! He says he has never had a problem taking it as carry on luggage. Usually the flight attendants let him hang in in the suit closet, or they put it in an overhead and then steer others away from the bin. He has never been told he had to check it for any reason.

I have a hard shell case for all of my guitars and only one, the Strat, is probably worth close to $1000 replacement cost.

Gave me the shivers seeing this thing in a bag. :sweating:

But he says he's never had a problem.

My preference has always been hard cases, but there are some well made gig bags out there nowadays.

Just my opinion....YMMV