mattz196

Guitar Pro View Chord

mattz196    15

In Kirk's tabs for the lessons a chord diagram shows above each bar , I can't work out how to turn this "view" on in guitar pro or if this is even possible, are you able do it for any tab?? ,hoping someone can explain

Thanks Matt

si16    10

I think you need to go into the 'Note' menu and from there select the chord option. This brings up a separate menu where you can choose from various chord names and diagrams. I think this is a manual process and you need to do it for each individual chord but perhaps there is a way to automate the process.

mattz196    15

Thanks , I was sort of hoping you could select all and create cord diagrams , but I suppose a different cord diagram for each beat may be quite cluttered , I do like when learning a new tune to see those diagrams as per Kirk's tabs, maybe I have just been spoilt.

mattz196    15
Uh Oh! I feel another bout of 'no little dots' coming ..... :smilinguitar:

Sorry but I don't follow your inference , not asking for anything to be done re tabs here , just posing a question about something I don't understand within guitar pro , apologies if I did not make myself clear in the original post. Re move sorry didn't realise this part of the forum existed .

Matty22    0

tab out a chord, then press A, and it will open up the chord window..

on the right hand side there are two checkboxes, one of them is "use diagrams"... Thats the one you want..

That will give you the chord name, for the bar, and at the top give you a diagram of all the chords used... like Kirks lessons

si16    10
Sorry but I don't follow your inference , not asking for anything to be done re tabs here , just posing a question about something I don't understand within guitar pro , apologies if I did not make myself clear in the original post. Re move sorry didn't realise this part of the forum existed .

I think 737 is referring to this thread mattz and not to anything that you've written. It's become a kind of inside joke amongst the older forum members ever since Dan posted it (cheers Dan). Consider yourself initiated. :clap: